Porto is one of the oldest cities in Europe, with a historical centre classified as World Heritage by UNESCO.
Located on the northern bank of the Douro river, discovering this city is to find many surprises. Increasingly contemporary and creative, the city of Porto has a rare beauty, which is fruit of its landscape, the harmony of its lines and its urban structure. As soon as you start your visit, you will discover the hospitality of its inhabitants, so characteristic in the North of the country, and you will feel this entire atmosphere in the streets, in the architecture, in the monuments and in the museums, as well as in its leisure spaces, in its terraces and in its commercial areas.
Here’s a list of what you can’t miss in Porto:
- Eat a Francesinha
- Watch the Oporto sunset from Cais de Gaia
- Contemplate the views from D.Luís I Bridge (without rush!)
- Go to Matosinhos and taste one of the delicious fish dishes
- Admire the diversity of portuguese tiles in the façades
- Visit Foz, stop in a terrace and ask for an expresso and a Pastel de Nata
- Go to a show in Casa da Música and have dinner in the terrace
- Views over the Douro river from Palácio de Cristal
- Shop in Rua de Santa Catarina
- Catch the cable car in Gaia
- Boat Ride
- Port wine tasting
- Ride a bike/go for a walk in Parque da Cidade
- Have a dinner in the Bom Sucesso Market (suckling pig sandwiches, francesinhas, éclairs in Leitaria da Quinta do Paço, Bolo do Caco, The Best Rissole in the world)
What’s the recipe for an unforgettable trip? Wonderful places? So follow our tips and you won’t regret it!